A very merry unbirthday to me


On February 24th 2000 I quit smoking. I quit after 40 years of almost uninterrupted smoke. So yesterday was a very merry unbirthday to me.

I haven't smoked like 65,000 cigarettes in the last 9 years. I didn't throw at least 15,000 euros into smoke... so for me it's always a very merry unbirthday to me.

But today I'm a little depressed. I went to donate blood and I couldn't do it. My blood pressure was too high. Nothing impressive but high enough to exceed the allowed limit. The beauty is that my blood pressure never reaches certain levels (yes, of course: with the help of medicine and running). It reaches certain numbers only on the day of the donation, when a doctor or nurse measures it.

When the sports doctor measures my blood pressure before doing the electrocardiogram under stress, my pressure is perfect! So I realized that the only risk factor for my blood pressure is when I go to donate blood.

Another depressing thing: I finished watching the backlog of Star Trek Discovery and now I have to wait for a new episode a week! I've finished watching all the 18 (short) cartoons of Love, Death + Robots. They are not real cartoons, they are true animated graphic novels. Some of the episodes are really very beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

I, me & my Garmin