English is matter




I am still finding to improve my English. Well, my English is very little and so the improvement could be very enormous.

However (one of my favourite English words), I need help to improve my English.

I always said I write in the window of Google translator in English, and I accept the advice of Grammarly (almost always). When I write check the translation in Italian to see if it is right.

Of course, I also opened a window of Google translator Italian to English, to find unknown words for me in English (I use it as a dictionary).

It is a hard job and, for me, form matters more than substance. Generally no, in this case however yes.

My son a few months ago (while I was studying pronunciation exercises on Duolingo) said me that I had the pronunciation as a Pakistani.

So English matters for me, but I don't know if I will live long enough to able to read easily Hemingway or Fante, maybe Bukowski (I have books in the original English version of these authors).

This is that I tried to write in English (more o less):

L'inglese è importante

Sto ancora cercando di migliorare il mio inglese. Bene, il mio inglese è scarso e quindi il miglioramento potrebbe essere enorme.

Tuttavia (una delle mie parole inglesi preferite), ho bisogno di aiuto per migliorare il mio inglese.

Ho sempre detto che scrivo nella finestra del traduttore di Google in inglese e accetto il consiglio di Grammarly (quasi sempre). Quando scrivo controllo la traduzione in italiano per vedere se è giusto.

Certo, ho anche aperto una finestra del traduttore di Google dall'italiano all'inglese, per trovare parole sconosciute per me in inglese (lo uso come dizionario).

È un lavoro duro e, per me, la forma conta più della sostanza. Generalmente no, in questo caso però sì.

Mio figlio qualche mese fa (mentre studiavo esercizi di pronuncia su Duolingo) mi disse che avevo la pronuncia di un pakistano.

Quindi l'inglese è importante per me, ma non so se vivrò abbastanza a lungo per riuscire a leggere facilmente Hemingway o Fante, magari Bukowski (ho libri nelle versioni originali in inglese di questi autori).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit afternoon

Short memory and long memory

what the numbers suggest