You can't always get what you want


For some weeks ago I suffer from sciatica. I can't go out to run, I can just drive my bike on the rollers. I have bought an electro stimulator and I use it every day.

I must have a lot of patience. I cannot any else.

I should at least go out to walk, but in this period of lockdown in fits and starts... red zone... orange zone... it is very depressing. I work from my home and I go out only to shopping at the supermarket with my wife.

Oh yes, I can watch TV series, many TV series! These days when I drive my bike I watch Occupied, Midnight diner: Tokio stories, Glow, South Park and I wait for the new season of Disenchantment, Better call Saul, Stranger things, Bonding...

I miss very much to go out for running, I like running realy so much! It is one of few things possibile in this period and I cannot to do!

I signed up to the virtual Corsa di Miguel beacause my wife want the race shirt! I will not be able to run this virtual race either.

But how says The Rolling Stones' song: You can't always get what you want!

So also this will pass... and I ask myself: after plantar fasciitis and sciatica what else will the future have in store for me?

I am kidding: I am a lucky man, I have never had any real health problems and I will not start complaining now, ma without running the life is a little sad.


In italiano avrei detto una cosa del genere:

Da qualche settimana soffro di sciatica. Non posso uscire per correre, posso solo usare la bici sui rulli. Ho acquistato un elettrostimolatore e lo uso tutti i giorni.

Volevo dire una cosa del genere, spero di aver reso l’idea nel mio inglese zoppicante

Dovrei almeno uscire a camminare, ma in questo periodo di lockdown a singhiozzo... zona rossa... zona arancione... è molto deprimente. Lavoro da casa ed esco solo a fare la spesa al supermercato con mia moglie.

Oh sì, posso guardare serie TV, molte serie TV! In questi giorni quando pedalo  in bici sui rulli guardo Occupied, Midnight dinner: Tokio stories, Glow, South Park e aspetto la nuova stagione di Disincanto, Better call Saul, Stranger things, Bonding...

Mi manca molto uscire a correre, mi piace davvero tanto correre. È una delle poche cose possibili in questo periodo e non posso farlo!

Mi sono iscritto alla Corsa di Miguel virtuale perché mia moglie vuole la maglia della gara! Neanche io potrò correre questa gara virtuale.

Ma come dice la canzone dei Rolling Stones: non puoi sempre ottenere quello che vuoi! (You can't always get what you want)

Quindi passerà anche questo... e mi chiedo: dopo la fascite plantare e la sciatica cos'altro avrà in serbo per me il futuro?

Sto scherzando: sono un uomo fortunato, non ho mai avuto veri problemi di salute e non inizierò a lamentarmi adesso, ma senza correre la vita è un po 'triste. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

I, me & my Garmin