A really scary hour

 

A few days ago I attended a virtual meeting with a teacher and an international group of students of English. Duolingo organizes this type of event and I, after two years of use Duolingo, took the whole courage and I signed up for this event.

It was the hardest experience of my life, oh, yes you and I know: I never worked in a mine or on an oil plant, I have never dug trenches in winter or paved roads in summer…

It's a shame that no one reads this blog, it could be a great chance to make fun of me. I am going to have to do this on my own!

There were students who come from Argentina, Messico, Marocco, Russia, Ghana, Germany, and other countries.

The teacher did show us a short movie, she did a test then she divided us into groups and she asked us to make up a story by continuing an opening.

My contribution to the meeting was nothing! I understood almost nothing and therefore hardly ever spoke!

My main problem is... when I speak English I need to have in front of my eyes the Google translator, I need it for verbs, nouns, ajectives... for everything!

So tomorrow I am going to attend another meeting but this time for beginners!


In Italian I would have written something like this:

Qualche giorno fa ho partecipato a un incontro virtuale con un insegnante e un gruppo internazionale di studenti di inglese. Duolingo organizza questo tipo di eventi e io, dopo due anni che utilizzo Duolingo, ho preso tutto il coraggio e mi sono iscritto a questo evento.

È stata l'esperienza più dura della mia vita, oh sì lo sappiamo: non ho mai lavorato in una miniera o in una piattaforma petrolifera, non ho mai scavato trincee in inverno o asfaltato strade in estate ...

Peccato che nessuno legga questo blog, potrebbe essere un'ottima occasione per prendermi in giro. Dovrò farlo da solo!

C'erano studenti provenienti da Argentina, Messico, Marocco, Russia, Ghana, Germania e altri paesi.

L'insegnante ci ha mostrato un breve filmato, ci ha fatto un test poi ci ha diviso in gruppi e ci ha chiesto di inventare una storia continuando un incipit.

Il mio contributo all'incontro è stato nullo! Non capivo quasi niente e quindi non ho parlato quasi mai!

Il mio problema principale è ... quando parlo inglese ho bisogno di avere davanti agli occhi il traduttore di Google, mi serve per i verbi, i sostantivi, gli aggettivi... per tutto!

Quindi domani parteciperò a un altro incontro ma questa volta per principianti!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what the numbers suggest

Shit afternoon

I, me & my Garmin