a skeleton in the closet

a skeleton in the closet

This morning I was at the station of a location near Rome. The station was clean and a worker, equipped with a broom and collect garbage, is cleaning the dock.

He smoked while collecting mostly cigarette butts. When he finished the cigarette he threw the butt on the tracks! He was at a distance of 3-4 meters from the ashtray.

That cigarette butt (with its load of polluting residues) will take 5-12 years to decompose...

I have been a smoker for 40 years almost in a row. I dispersed in the environment (especially as a boy, at that time the ecological sensitivity was zero, at least for me) maybe 200,000 stubs or more!

Probably this is the worst thing I've done in my life. Of course, in the last few years I never left the butts around the world, but for many years I did it.

These days I'm looking at Star Trek Discovery and strangely I'm not in love with Sonequa Martin-Green, maybe because she has a weeping look that contrasts with her character: a Terran educated like a Vulcan by Spock's parents! About Spock: you understand from the first episode of the second season that as a child was a bit asshole!

Sonequa Martin-Green is very beautiful, but I did not even recognize her as the Sasha Williams of The walking dead...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

To born males