I, me & my Garmin


Paraphrasing the title of the film by Jim Carrey I could also have articulated this short text “I, me and Amazon” or “I, me and Black Friday”.

But let's go in order.
A few months ago, my Garmin 310XT started to show signs of insanity: it did not record some races, or it canceled data instead of downloading them. It had become really slow to connect to satellites and, it must be said, it is really boring to wait (under the sun or cold) that the GPS is operational.

So a few months ago I started to follow the price trends of GPS-stopwatches with camelcamelcamel. After a long time I have seen that some models have started to have variations on the downside, but these variations were still little thing and now the Black Friday was approaching ...

In the meantime something really bad happened. I ran the half marathon of Lake Vico. It was a bad day and it rained for all 21 km. It always rained, but there were also many puddles and wind.

The race was very tiring, but getting to the finish line was great. I ran along with three pacemakers; we talked, laughed and we supported especially when the rain was so strong and the wind was blowing.

In the last 2 km I managed to accelerate the pace and I ended the race by accelerating: I was really proud of me.

At home I took a shower, I had lunch and (before resting a bit ') I downloaded the data from the Garmin ...

But the following I can write it tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

what the numbers suggest