It’s never too late


Even today it was bad weather, it rained almost all day so I could not shop to buy Christmas gifts.

In the afternoon it was worse: I had to take the car to change pads and discs: an unexpected expense but necessary because after Christmas we will do a bit of miles to go to our sons.

This setback negatively conditioned my working will. So when I came home I printed the Christmas cards (those to be applied on gifts).

Then I changed my clothes and went out to run. It was cold but it was not raining. I could run 12 km without even having to chase my daughter.

She  started running 7 years after me, in the last year she has run for 400 km total (I instead just over 2000), but she is young and fit and so she has a step a little faster than mine, at least on short distances.

At times I struggle to keep up with her.

In this period I'm doing almost only slow runs, but in the 5-6 km races with my daughter I find myself running at medium speed and sometimes I get to the race pace to be able to keep up with her.

But we ran her first 10 km together in Gran Canaria and then her first half marathon in Bologna and her second one in Ravenna and we could not run his third for her work commitments.

In short... it's never too late (except to fix the car's brakes), right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

what the numbers suggest