My English life


I work from home and then I can decide when (and also how much) to work, so in the bear of the day I reserve some moments to study English.

After eating, I stretch out and force myself with Memrise and Duolingo (on the smartphone or on the computer). The afternoon (when I do not really want to work or when I seem to have worked hard) I enjoy a bit 'on the site Hinative to answer some questions from people who study Italian or I do some questions. But I also spend some time reading the answers of others: there is always something to learn.

In the evening (but sometimes even in the afternoon) I watch movies or TV series in English with Italian subtitles. I just finished watching The Kominsky Method and now I'm watching it in English with the English subtitles), then the cartoon Final Space (I look at the episodes a first time with subtitles in Italian and then with English subtitles), I look the cartoon Paradice PD especially for reviewing my swear word collection.

Today I saw the show of Indian comedian Vir Das, obviously in English with subtitles (thank God Netflix does not dub comedians). It was fun because his Indian accent (more understandable for my Italian ears) made it easier to follow his words.

Probabilmente fra poco io cercherò un cartone animato (forse Wall-e) così potrò capire meglio i dialoghi. Sì, so benissimo che all'inizio non parla nessuno. Ma forse sceglierà Springsteen on Broadway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

what the numbers suggest