The Kominsky Method


In the last days I have seen the TV series The Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. I saw the series in original version with Italian subtitles.

Then I started to see the series from the beginning in the original version with English subtitles.

Of course I remembered the general sense of the dialogues, but I lost many details. I am slow to make sense of the phrases I hear and often I need to translate into Italian.

I agree that this does not make much sense, however I'm beginning to get used to certain sounds and I begin to recognize a few words and I start to get used to not translating the verdicts, but to imagine the action that the verb indicates , instead of the corresponding Italian word.

So while in the living room my wife, my daughter and my mother-in-law watch the TV series L’amica geniale (My brilliant friend) that almost all the dialogues in Neapolitan with Italian subtitles, I will go to watch another episode of The Kominsky Method in English with English subtitles.

I was forgetting to say that I liked the series and - despite the subtitles - made me laugh often (even now that I understand little or nothing).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shit afternoon

Short memory and long memory

what the numbers suggest