My name is Marcello and I haven't run for 21 days


I started running in 2010. Since then I've never been without running for a long time. I tripped three times (twice in training and one in the race), I took a twisted ankle twice, but I've never been without running for so long.

Boring plantar fasciitis convinced me to sit still for a while. They could become chronic, they told me. Rest, they told me. Calm down, they told me. You're old, they told me. What to do?

I bought the smart trainer for the bicycle! I ride (more or less furiously) at home for an hour a day, almost every day. I don't care about time or darkness: I pedal at home, with music, in front of the computer.

In the purchase price of the rollers an application pass is included: among other things there are routes that, based on the orography of the road, transmit the climbs and descents to the rollers, so I have to change to face the climbs and I can ride furiously downhill.

There are also movies. I started from the easiest ones of course. On the computer monitor the images of the chosen route are scrolled and the scrolling speed is based on my pedal speed. I'm riding along unknown roads, in England, in Belgium, in Italy.

This morning for the second time I cycled to Barcelona and I saw places I really visited. It's very funny and it's not boring. Of course, when runner appears in the movie, I get nostalgic: I really want to run down the street, in the cold, with the drizzle ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

what the numbers suggest