After all, tomorrow is another day!


Last Monday I had run. After 133 days I finally did run for 5 km. To the beginning, it was... fantastic, amazing... I don't know enough words to describe that feeling.

At the beginning!

After a few hundred meters I started to suffer. I had a high heart rate and my legs ached. I would have liked to run for 10 km, but I dragged my body with difficulty for just 5 km.

I went home, I took a shower, then I downloaded the data from the Garmin: I ran very slowly with a high heart rate, it was as high as during my races. During my hilly race by 10 km, my heart rate was 171 e my pace 6'17" min/km, yesterday for 5 km my heart rate was 163 with a pace 7'11"...

But this wasn't depressing enough: my legs were very stiff and painful. Now my legs are still very stiff and painful.

Yesterday I cycled on the rollers in an attempt to get relief from my aching legs, but the relief was short-lived. Today my legs are still sore and I won't go for a run, but as Scarlett O'Hara (but in the Italian version she was called Rossella) would say After all, tomorrow is another day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

what the numbers suggest