Days post quarantine


These days post lockdown or post quarantine I finally started to run. I struggle a lot and so far I have only raced twice. But I do other things. For example, now I listen to Alison Balsom in the Haydn trumpet concert. I love this concert. I love the trumpet in classical music. I have known this music with a cd by Wynton Marsalis, many years ago. I also love Mozart Quartets and Quintets for Strings and Clarinet.
I can't say it out loud but sometimes this music moves me to tears. I guess it depends on age.

I always listen to music when I work, mostly rock music, reggae, a little Italian Rock. Some years ago, for a while, I only listened to jazz.
Naturally, I am very slow to write in English so now I am listening to Wynton Marsalis and Eric Clapton. They have made a long presentation before their performance and I didn't understand a word.

Now I am listening to David Bowie in Five years...It seems wrote today, for this dark time.

I think that now I will continue to read Moby Dick. The Italian version of Moby Dick, of course.

A few years ago I have read some English books (with great effort and the dictionary on my lap. I remember reading The old man and the sea, I love it so much. But the book that I remember with great pleasure is Three men in a boat: it made me laugh despite my difficulties reading in English.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short memory and long memory

Shit afternoon

what the numbers suggest